Water is life, and there is no life without water. Up to 60% of the human adult body is water and this water needs to be replenished regularly for optimal health.
Drinking enough clean, ideally filtered water each day is crucial for a multitude of reasons:
- to regulate body temperature,
- to keep joints lubricated,
- to prevent infections,
- to deliver nutrients to cells,
- to keep organs functioning properly,
- to improve sleep quality, cognition, and mood.
Experts recommend drinking around 11 cups of water per day for women and 16 for men. It sounds like an awful lot, but not all of those cups have to come from plain water; you can drink water flavored with fruit or vegetable juices or slices, or from coffee or tea.